Thursday, February 11, 2010

Boring.


Wow - I'm thinking my blogs are really pretty color-less these days. Sort of like the weather outside. I have been in a cranky mood for nearly two weeks now...

I had lunch with my writer friend today. It was so nice to see him and talk to him again. He's one of those people that actually GETS me...or at least it feels like it. I know that sounds terribly narcissistic, but it means something when someone "gets" us, I think. Anyway, I love the man. Incredible writer with the ability to see right into people...and he has true compassion.

The pilot keeps calling. I don't answer most of the time. Today he sent me an email and it had a picture attached of the skies over Columbia. Beautiful, really. He's probably a really nice guy...or at least he seems like it. At least he's persistent. I have no idea what the attraction is - we've never even met and I'm very unresponsive. Who knows. Maybe he knows something I don't.

I told my writer friend today about my sabbatical...and the fact I won't even date anyone until the summer solstice. Which means I will have gone a whole year without a relationship. (Well, except for the 2 months I tried to be friends with the alcoholic last fall, but that doesn't count. He just doesn't count...period. That was NOT a relationship). Anyway, Ron (writer friend) seemed to think the whole sabbatical thing is a good idea. He's smart, so I guess I'm on the right track. Who knows. I have big plans.


No comments:

Post a Comment