Thursday, January 21, 2010

Crazypeople.


If anyone put a microphone in the newsroom and recorded us, they would think we had a collective personality disorder. That's what happens when you get a bunch of writers together and withhold alcohol for eight to ten hours.

I love the newsroom. We're like a creepy, profoundly disturbed reality show family. We spend all our time together.
At least once per day, Michael (the reporter) lowers the seat of my chair while I'm sitting in it, throws something into my peach tea or iced coffee, and usually tosses his gum onto my keyboard. Today he drew me another cartoon representing my love life. I can't really describe it except to say it involves a guy standing next to a jet airplane and a fellow writer (not from this paper) holding hands with a giant phallus. By the way, this is in NO WAY related to my extracurricular social activities. It's just Michael.

Jeff the sports writer is also an actor. He's done a lot of movies. I've never seen any of them, but I like hearing about them. Michael has seen one. He did a review on it.

Emily is the editor and also one of my dearest friends. I love her because she understands me, and because we make up word sounds....like "angg angg angg"...which is the sound my cat makes when he tries to chew on her hair. Also, "gyum gyum gyum"...which involves peanut butter (and that's all I'm gonna say about that).

Josh is our youngest writer. He does food stories. We try not to intimidate him too much.

I actually love coming to work every day. That's not a bad thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment