Thursday, September 2, 2010

Flipping the Bird


The middle finger is getting a lot of airtime in the newsroom lately. Jeff got it twice from me for his remarks about my old age, and Ryan got one from me for a reason I can't even remember. I got one from Ryan for a reason he can't remember, either. He said "It must have really warranted a finger, though, because I wouldn't have done it without a good reason." He has not yet learned newsroom protocol about flipping the bird. There doesn't need to be a reason.

I told my editor I will now only communicate with her by using a series of tongue clucks and lip squeaks. So far it's working out well. Every time I say something to her she busts up laughing. Even when I'm trying to tell her something serious. Go figure.


No comments:

Post a Comment